Replace all lighting in the kitchen with LED light bulbs which use less energy and create less
- Use pressure cookers or microwave ovens instead of the stove. They will save energy and reduce cooking time.
- If you do use the oven, try to cook several items at the same time. Also, don’t open the door to peek in; opening the door can lower the temperature inside up to 25 degrees.
- Only run a full dishwasher but be sure it’s not overloaded.
- Let your dishes air dry. There should be an automatic air-dry option but if not, then turn off the dishwasher after the final rinse and open the door to let the moisture escape.
- Allow foods to partially cool before putting them in the refrigerator since it takes more energy to cool hot food.
Referenced from Pacific Power