How to Keep Your Kitchen Cool
Replace all lighting in the kitchen with LED light bulbs which use less energy and create less heat, which is especially helpful when cooking during the hotter months.
- Use pressure cookers or microwave ovens instead of the stove. They will save energy and reduce cooking time.
- If you do use the oven, try to cook several items at the same time. Also, don't open the door to peek in; opening the door can lower the temperature inside up to 25 degrees.
- Only run a full dishwasher but be sure it's not overloaded.
- Let your dishes air dry. There should be an automatic air-dry option but if not, then turn off the dishwasher after the final rinse and open the door to let the moisture escape.
- Allow foods to partially cool before putting them in the refrigerator since it takes more energy to cool hot food.
Referenced from: BounceEnergy.com